Volunteer Program Manager
- Internship Period: Fall 2017
- Commitment: Approximately 15-20 Hours Per Week
- Compensation: Unpaid – for credit
- Location: Remote, United States
Open For Service is a national organization that provides an inclusive network aimed at promoting businesses and organizations that will not turn someone away based on sexual orientation, gender, race, national origin disability or political/religious affiliation.
This is a great opportunity for a student seeking a career in events planning, advertising, marketing, sales, or business. You will help us connect people, businesses and communities to our platform and have fun while doing it!
The Intern will assist the Marketing & Partnerships teams on various projects and tasks to gain experience in field marketing as well as people and program management. Plan on working on a wide variety of projects including volunteer management, direct marketing, and logistical planning and coordination as well as project research and development.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
- Relationship building & outreach with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
- How to track social media analytics and report results and new ideas to our marketing team.
What You Will Do:
- Assist our Director of Community Engagement and Education in launching and managing our nationwide ambassador program
- Coordinate with out Social Media Intern on relationship building & outreach with our online community via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
- Attract and onboard volunteers in various parts of the United States
- Background in Leadership, Volunteer Management, Marketing, Communication, or other related discipline.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
- Interested in equal access to learning resources and generally socially conscious individual
- Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, a master of Twitter (and Hootsuite manager), and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit and marketing field.
We encourage applications from candidates of color, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.