Digital Media Strategist
- Internship Period: Fall 2017
- Commitment: Approximately 15-20 Hours Per Week
- Compensation: Unpaid – for credit
- Location: Remote, United States
Open For Service is a national organization that provides an inclusive network aimed at promoting businesses and organizations that will not turn someone away based on sexual orientation, gender, race, national origin disability or political/religious affiliation.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, self-starter. Someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
- Relationship building & outreach with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
- How to track social media analytics and report results and new ideas to our marketing team.
What You Will Do:
- Assist our Director of Community Engagement and Education in building and presenting social media strategy.
- Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- Posting and engaging across all social media channels
- Background in Marketing, Communication, non-profit management or other related discipline.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
- Interested in equal access to learning resources and generally socially conscious individual
- Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, a master of Twitter (and Hootsuite manager), and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit and marketing field.
We encourage applications from candidates of color, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.