Recently, I was giving an interview about Open For Service and realized that we are 1 year old! Time flies when you are having fun apparently!
It’s hard to quantify the progress we have made in driving social change and consumer education over the past year. I can tell you some interesting numbers and milestones that we have hit:
· There are registered businesses in all 50 states.
· We have registered businesses in 13 countries around the globe.
· We have had over 400 downloads of our employee non-discrimination policy written by Invigorate HR.
· We have received 3 awards from different organizations.
· We have 5 strategic brands that focus on different industries to highlight the support for everyone.
· We launched a first version online directory, mobile app, and in-store coupon system geared towards connecting people with goods and services without the fear of being turned away.
· We have 8 strategic partnerships with agencies and companies to help scale our organization around the world.
· We are a team of 5 volunteers. Each volunteer maintains a fulltime day job and works on this project at night.
· We have over 10,000 registrations.
· We have raised over $30,000 for SCORE.org through sticker sales proceeds.
· We are the first LGBT organization that has competed in Brackets for Good.
· Across our social media, marketing, and email channels – our audience is over 110,000 people.
· We have had 50 articles written about us worldwide.
· We have been interview by every major news network in the US and several abroad.
· We have spoken at 17 events and conventions.
I’m exhausted just looking at this! We are SO thankful for all of the support and feedback from you.
So what’s next? I’m glad you asked:
· We have strategic plans to grow to upwards of over 2 MILLION business listings within the next 6 months
· We are working tirelessly with Salesforce to upgrade our listing technology and better connect our businesses and organizations with consumers like never before
How are we going to do this? Thanks to the support of several businesses and people – we can bring in resources for grant writing, fundraising, and sustainably planning. So look forward to some cool new features and ways to engage your community and support everyone!
We are now gearing up for an equally successful year 2. Thank you again for your continued involvement with our organization and together we can make a positive difference in the lives of our human family.